From dramatically enhancing productivity and customer service to enabling a 360-degree view of business performance, integrations are fundamental to helping your business grow.
At Eureka Solutions we offer two integration solutions- Data Exchange and Cloud Data Exchange. But what are these and what are their differences?
On a recent webinar our very own Allan James discussed these products and their varying characteristics and here is what we took from it.
Firstly, lets establish what both products are.
“On-premise” Data Exchange
Created specifically for both Sage 200 and Sage 50, Data Exchange offers efficient data integration between Sage and various third-party platforms such as e-commerce websites, warehousing software, external ERP and CRM systems and even bespoke or industry-specific software.
Data Exchange operates by automating imports and exports either in a CSV or XML file format, allowing flexible integration with different databases over a local network or via an FTP site.
Cloud Data Exchange
Cloud Data Exchange is a cloud-based API integration solution with multiple integration options, connecting your disparate systems in a way that suits your business needs.
By connecting accounting systems such as Sage 50, Sage 200 Pro, Sage 200 Standard and Xero, ecommerce platforms such as WooCommerce and Shopify, and CRM and ERP systems such as Salesforce and NetSuite, Cloud Data Exchange removes the requirement for manual data transfer, speeding up your internal processes and saving you time and money.
Here are some of the main differences discussed in the webinar:
- Cloud Data Exchange is an API focused product, whereas “on-premise” Data Exchange transfers data via CSV or XML.
- Cloud Data Exchange is a true cloud-based solution and service, allowing it to be accessed and used anywhere however “on-premise” Data Exchange is a local program installed on to the sage server.
- Data Exchange has three available API plugins: Amazon, eBay and Shopify but Cloud Data Exchange on the other hand has multiple connectors out the box and is frequently updated to accompany more.
- Cloud Data Exchange can pick up CSV files form FTP, SFTP and FTPSE but cannot pick up files from a local folder whereas Data Exchange can.
- An extra level of security is given with Cloud Data Exchange through 2 factor authentication which Data Exchange does not provide.
- Cloud Data Exchange is built to handle larger data transfers which may be more beneficial to growing or larger businesses.
Having more than one integration solution offers more options to Sage customers and users however, it is important to identify the correct solution for you or your client’s business. If you’re interested in learning more about how to automate your business through Cloud Data Exchange or “On premise” Data Exchange, then feel free to get in touch.